Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge 37: Seeing Stars

ETA: The post is finally live -- if you've been waiting to see it head on over now! There are just amazing projects to see!

Good morning girls!! Oh, I've missed you! The last several days have been spent in the New Mexico Rockies, enjoying a wonderful family vacation that included my parents and siblings. Fishin' and drivin' and balloonin' and gamin' --- all add up to a WONDERFUL time!

It's good to be back home and it's GOOD to be back with a Cuttlebug Challenge card! We took a break last week and today are back with some exciting things! First, the NEW team has been announced and today is our first Wednesday Be Inspired project. I was so happy and honored to be asked to stay on for the Fall term and blown away to get a "promotion" to the Senior Design Team. Seriously! The ENTIRE Cuttlebug Challenge team is fabulously talented and to get to create with them each week is a true honor ~ pleasure ~ blessing ~ joy. Anyway, it's still hard to believe. The talent and creativity that is brought together in this team is truly awesome! I hope you are a follower or subscriber to the blog because there are terrific things happening over there!

Second, we are showcasing projects using the new embossing folders being released by Provo Craft at CHA later this month. The entire month is a celebration of the new folders and you'll be seeing some terrific creations all month long by the design team!

This week we were asked to use the new Stars folder and a color combination of red, white and blue along with buttons!! Meda works diligently and tirelessly each week uploading the team's cards onto the CBC blog for us. When we found out her birthday was on July 4th, it was suggested that we also create a Happy Birthday card so as she opened emails from us this week, it would be a virtual deluge of cards for her! Thank you Meda so much for your work each and every week! You make us look great over and over again!! Have a very Happy Birthday girl! I'll eat a s'more in your honor on Saturday!!

I wanted to use Baja Breeze and thought it would pair terrifically with white and a true red. The stars were embossed and then trimmed down to fit on my white card base. The message (Anna Griffin) was stamped on a journaling tag by Martha Stewart and some buttons - new and vintage - along with a big, red polka dotted bow were added to finish it off! I wish I could remember what sketch I used for this card but I did it quickly between a packing break before we left and just am drawing a blank now!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I'm so glad you did!! Be sure to check out the Cuttlebug Challenge blog to see the rest of the design team's creations. And be sure to check out the bios for the design team --- lots of new artists are joining us!!

Have a beautiful day everyone!!

21 comments:

Lelia Pierce said...

Congrats on your "promotion"! I can see why they decided to keep you! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Anonymous said...

Yhahahahahh I *love* your card Cassie,,I so look forward to sharing many more creations with you at CB
Enjoy the rest of your Day :) x

Jenn K said...

I love that wonderful POlka Dot ribbon you used!!

Cathy said...

Cassie, congrats to you. I love your card!! That ribbon is really yummy!! Very cute!!

Hugs, Cathy

Lynn McAuley said...

Oh, my, Cassie! These five pointed stars are a must have for this Texas girl!! What a sensational card!!

June Houck said...

Cute tag and yummy ribbon! Very sweet, Cassie :)

Nicola said...

Congratulations Cassie, love this new folder and your gorgeous ribbon.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Cassie,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is terrific! what a gorgeous bow!!!

Jeanette - said...

Congratulations Cassie! This card is beautiful, I love those colors together!

Unknown said...

Absolutely LOVE it!!
That bow is gorgeous!!

Angie Tieman said...

Totally awesome card!!! Love your color combination with that shade of blue! The big red polka dot ribbon puts it over the top, love it!!

Michelle said...

cassie..this is a beautiful card... in every way possible

TFS!

Christine said...

Another simply, beautiful card!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Rosemary said...

Oh my, this is so pretty!!..How do you make such a perfect bow!!??wow!!

Shantaie said...

Cassie, that big red polka dot bow is delightful,I just love this card and the way its clean and simple but has such an impact!

Karen said...

Love this gorgeous card and that great big polka dot ribbon bow!

Hugs,
Karen

Michelle said...

i'm loving beautiful card and fantastic yummy ribbon!
so happy to be on th DT you!

Eva said...

Cassie, this is sooo beautiful!!!

Meda said...

:))))

Yep, it was truly a delight to open my emails but you know what? I only realized what was happening later because I was so busy with my work that I didn't notice it was an entire conspiration from you girls.

Thanks a lot. I am still have my mouth up to the ears smiling. I'll post all the cards on my blog. Actually I am here to pick your link and I thought I would stop to say thanks.

Amber said...

Beautiful card Cassie! You tie the prettiest bows, you really need to do a tutorial:)
Hugs
Amber