Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blind Faith by Rebecca Zanetti, A Review

18453458

Amazon         Goodreads
Available on May 6, 2014

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Here is my honest review.

Book Description

A betrayal he couldn't forget . . .

For Nate Dean, love is a four-letter word. As part of a secret black-ops military unit, he and his brothers were genetically engineered by the government to be ruthless soldiers with an expiration date. They were loyal only to one another . . . until Nate laid eyes on the woman who stole his heart and blew his world apart. Now, years later, his family is still paying the price for his mistake. But as time runs out, there's only one person who can save his family: the very woman Nate swore he'd never trust again.

A love she couldn't deny . . .

The moment Audrey Madison spies Nate across a crowded ballroom, she can barely breathe. He's just as undeniably sexy as she remembers, yet there's an edge to him now that's as irresistible as it is dangerous. When he asks for her help, Audrey can't refuse. But she has secrets of her own-secrets that, if Nate ever discovers them, may cost them both their lives . 

Review

In case you couldn't guess from the cover, this is a romance book. I enjoyed the premise - ex-soldiers who fall in love always make a great story! Zanetti pairs that with quite a bit of action and intrigue. Without giving anything away, there were several "what?" moments and plot twists that I did not expect. 
Nate is hard - to be expected - yet has a softer side that is completely believable and has you rooting for him from the beginning. Audrey is pretty tough; I do think that her character could have been developed more. Despite that, I did like her - she was no weakling that's for sure.

Blind Faith is book three in a series. I have not read the first two books yet that did not hinder reading this story. I get the impression that each is a standalone story, focusing on each brothers search for freedom and finding love along the way. I am putting the rest of the series on my to be read list. 


I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: