Monday, May 12, 2014

Bout of Books 10.0 - Goals and Progress Updates


Bout of Books

Time Devoted to Reading

Since I read every day normally, my plan is to increase my reading time each day. In order to accomplish this, I plan to cut out extra media time such as youTube and television. I already have a date night planned at the movies on Thursday so I am anticipating that being the day I read the least.

My Goals

  • Complete 12 books (3 are children's books) and 2 short stories
  • Read a chapter each day with my son in our current read-aloud book.
  • Check in on progress of 3 current bookworms I follow and find 3 new ones.

Books to Read
Books I have started and intend to finish:
Books I intend to start and finish:
Children's Books I intend to start and finish:


Updates

Monday
Number of books I've read today: 2 
Total number of books I've completed: 
Books: There's A Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse - now at 26%
               The Maverick & the Manhattanite - this was not on my list but in scrolling through my Kindle, I noticed it was almost finished so I decided to complete it before starting a new fiction title.

Tuesday
Number of books I've read today: 4
Total number of books I've completed: 1 completed
Books:   The Maverick & the Manhattanite - completed
                 There's a Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse - I am not sure exactly how much I read yesterday; I am noting my current location already on Wednesday as I read quite a bit from the book earlier this afternoon.
                 Hometown Love: A Bliss Bundle - first chapter = 2%
                 The Harbinger - p.177, 2 chapters/63 pages


Wednesday
Today was my birthday so I spent the afternoon with my sister and grandmother who were in from out of town and then dinner out in the evening with my boys (DH, DS). I didn't get as much reading done today but I am okay with that - I had precious time with family instead!
Number of books I've read today: 4
Total number of books I've completed: 2
Books:
There's a Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse - now at 45%
The Harbinger - Completed
The Ninja Librarians - 11% = 3 chapters
Taste the Heat - Completed (first book in Hometown Love bundle)

Thursday
Number of books I've read today: 2
Total number of books I've completed: 1 (technically...a short story)
Books:
The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles #1.5 - completed
Playing at Love (second book in Hometown Love bundle)

Friday
Number of books I've read today: 6 
Total number of books I've completed: 6
Books:
Playing at Love - completed (second book in Hometown Love bundle)
Lucky Break - completed (third book in Hometown Love bundle)
The Ninja Librarians - one chapter read = 15% = 4 chapters total
There's A Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse - 64%
Scarlet - read 319 pages
How Come... Easy Answers to Hard Questions by Joyce Richards. My son brought this to me and we read 36 pages. It is a very old book and I adore the vintage illustrations!
Photo Credit: Amazon.com

Saturday

Number of books I've read today: 5 
Total number of books I've completed: 8
Books: 
There's A Green Plastic Monkey in My Purse - completed
Scarlet - completed
The Ninja Librarians - 19% 5 chapters read
Raising Boys - 56% 
What It Takes - 17%

Sunday
I did not spend much time reading today at all. I was pretty burned out by this point. What It Takes was in my review pile and so I started it and it was difficult to get through which I think slowed me down today and contributed to the burn out.
Number of books I've read today: 3
Total number of books I've completed: 11
Books:
Raising Boys - 59%
What It Takes - completed
If You Happen To Have A Dinosaur - completed
Eye To Eye - completed

Overall Wrap-up
I wanted to complete 12 books and 2 short stories. I managed to complete 11 books and 1 short story.  Three of the books on my list to read were non-fiction books and I tend to read those slower so that I can read a bit and then process before reading more. 
This is the second round of Bout of Books that I have participated in. I read much more this round and am pleased with what I accomplished. Bout of Books will be returning in August and I plan to participate then as well. 
Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

KaKiJoKoJa said...

Congrats on reading 11, that's wonderful!! :)