Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Delectable by Adrianne Lee, A Review ★★

17333458

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million          


Book Description

Montana real estate agent Quint McCoy will tell you that the most important thing is location, location, location. It's a lesson he learns all too well when he goes incommunicado for a four-week fishing trip to Alaska. While he's away, his mother Molly turns his office into the pie shop she has always dreamed of, Big Sky Pie. But that's not the only surprise in store for him.

On her way out of town, Callee McCoy only wants to say a fond farewell to her beloved mother-in-law. But Molly soon persuades Callee to stay and lend a hand at the new shop, even if it means heating up the kitchen with her soon-to-be ex. As Callee and Quint rediscover their recipe for love, they realize that some couples are so sinfully good together that one delectable taste is never enough . . .

Review


I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Here is my honest review.

I'm not sure how I feel about this book.  
Cons: Quint - as a hero, he may be good looking but he seems like a spoiled man-child.  
There was quite a bit of cursing in this book and I'm not a prude, but it was so much and seemed so gratitous that it stuck out at me and really bothered me.  The love scenes also seemed really shallow.

Pros:  It is the first book in a series. Jane, a secondary character is my favorite from the book and I am looking forward to her story. 
Callee, as a heroine she definitely exhibits some strength and doesn't immediately lay down and let Quint run over her. That being said, I do wonder at her giving up her dream for cooking school a second time. I felt like there wasn't anything that happened in the story that revealed that her dream to be a cook wasn't really her dream. It was just thrown in there at the end as an explanation. I think Clements really missed this development in both Callee and Quint (she never shared her plans with him and he never asked) as well as the storyline.  (Is this a con within a pro?)
Gorgeous cover. I tend to choose books based on the cover art and the title without paying attention to the synopsis at all. The covers for the entire series are mouth-watering! 

I did like the story - a married couple that reconnects and calls off their divorce is certainly romantic and highlights commitment. If I could give it 2.5 stars I would. 

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: