Monday, May 19, 2014

No More Frumpy Mommy Moms’ Night Out Challenge

MNO-challenge-button

This post is part of the No More Frumpy Mommy Moms’ Night Out challenge with Tricia Goyer—and you can join, too!

A good friend of mine was telling me about this movie last week and how great and funny it was. You should click over and see how you could win copies of the books, movie tickets or the big cash prize. 

I'll keep updates here as I work through the No More Frumpy Mommy challenges

Day 1 - Easy Hair
I like easy hair so I typically forego the layers as they take longer to curl. Here are my hair care tips (which I've been doing for decades....before it was acceptable)
     * I wash my hair when it can air dry so usually at night or on Saturday. I have not dried my hair with a hairdryer in years. Heat can really damage your hair and since I like to curl my hair, I opt to leave the hairdryer in the drawer. With hair that is one length and a good sized iron, I can curl my hair in about 15 minutes.
    * I also use a comb to get the tangles out when it is wet, and brush from the tips up to the roots
     * I try to apply a mask at least once a week before I wash my hair - coconut oil has been my go-to choice lately.
     * I only wash my hair every 2-3 days. I have long hair and a lot of it so I do not use a lot of products on it such as mousse or hairspray. Because I don't have product build-up I can get away with fewer washes. It is also really good for your hair in that it allows the natural oils from your scalp to work down the hair shaft. If you have short hair, that happens quickly, but since my hair is really long, it takes a bit longer. Dry shampoo is everywhere these days but I used to just use baby powder. 

No comments: