Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is a "freebie" at Top Ten Tuesday. I thought I would see if I could create top ten list of my favorite heroines in literature.
1. Anne Shirley. Full of spunk and blessed with an uncanny ability to find something possible in every situation. She is also brave and tells one exactly what the truth is.
2. Jo March. A fellow lover of books. Definitely female but doesn't get caught up in all the girly-girl traps of womanhood.
3. Nancy Drew. Very clever girl.
4. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. Sweet grandmotherly type that knows exactly how to show children the error of their ways without screaming or threats.
5. Olivia Dunn. Willing to persevere through an unexpected pregnancy and marriage of convenience and find love and forgiveness.
6. Hermione Granger. Devoted friend and proud of intelligence. Refuses to be caught up in the shallow girlyness of the teen years.
7. Art Teacher. Encouraging spirit that embraces creativity rather than squashing a child's artistic spirit. Demonstrates the power of a few words and simple actions.
8. Elizabeth Bennet. Sharp wit and independent spirit.
Well....looks like it is top eight this week. Perhaps I will start next week's list today and manage to get a complete list.