Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Book Talk


Rose City Reader hosts this meme asking you to "share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."
18630484 "Nadzia tucked the cleaning rag into her apron in exchange 
for her feather duster.  She held it out like it was a dance partner and placed her 
other hand against her chest in mock modesty."  ~Cinderella's Dress by Shonna Slayton

I am enjoying this book ever so much! I'm about half-way through and am a teensy bit worried that this book is going to be a part of the story and that I'll have to wait a long time to see the conclusion. It opens towards the end of World War II and the author is exploring the theme of women's place in society in a very well done way.


Freda's Voice hosts this fun meme. Turn to page 56 or 56% on ereader and post a non-spoiler sentence or two.
17986389 "She loves the consistency, loves that they always
return to the same well-lit classroom."   ~Mannequin Girl by Ellen Litman


Book Blogger Hop
Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer poses a weekly question that you can answer. 

Q: How many posts do you normally publish per week?

A: It varies. I don't have a set schedule like many bloggers do.


Thanks for stopping by! 

12 comments:

Katherine P said...

I've been wanting to read Cinderella's Dress since I first came across it! The story line, the fairy tale retelling and the cover get me every time. Thanks for sharing! I have to go look up Mannequin Girl now too!

Tessa said...

A great beginning for a book! I love retellings of fairytales, so I am going to have to check this one out.

My TTT!

kipha said...

LOL Thanks for popping by for Book Blogger. I don't have a set schedule either but I do pre-schedule many of my posts so I know what is coming and what to prepare for. But Thursdays is the only day I have a weekly meme post, besides Friday, so that's the only day that always have posts, if I'm not lazy.

fredamans said...

I think Cinderella's Dress is up my alley. I love fairy tale re-tellings!

Happy weekend!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

The cover is gorgeous! Thanks for posting the beginning on BBOF!

Elizabeth said...

My number of posts varies too. I think it is difficult to set a certain number of posts per week. You never know what will come up. :)

Love the cover of Cinderella's Dress. Sounds quite good. THANKS for sharing your Book Beginnings.

Have a good weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Bea said...

That's an interesting beginning to Cinderella's Dress, neat description.

Anonymous said...

I am obsessed and fascinated with WWII; plus, I love fairy tales! I am curious if this book has a fairy tale/WWII approach. If so, I'm in! I'll be looking the book through on Goodreads; thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend! :)

Beck Valley Books said...

I tend to post daily, sometimes that can increase, some days I may just even take a day off lol Book Blogger Hop xx

Jazz R.J. said...

Hey Cassie. Thanks for stopping my blog. I think it's quite funny that you admire my ability to be structured. Since I am very ADD and my blog is one of the few places where I find the ability to be structured. Haha! The book you are reading sound interesting. I'm interested to know what you think after your finished with them. You have a lovely blog and I will be following you. Keep it shiny!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Thanks for sharing such great excerpts. I want to know more about Cinderella's Dress.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Anonymous said...

I like the sound of this book, the cover is pretty cute too :) Thanks for stopping by my blog ;)