Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Wedding Hazard by Regina Duke, A Review


Amazon          Goodreads

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Here is my honest review.

Book Description

Marriage of convenience.
Ashley Clair needs help. Her father has died, her estranged mother has disappeared without a trace, and now someone is after Ashley. Alone, broke, and in danger, she turns to Thor Security looking for protection, but what can she do to afford a bodyguard?
Thor Garrison moved to Colorado trying to forget the tragedy in Texas that changed everything. When the most beautiful woman he ever saw walks into his life, he vows to do whatever it takes to save her and win her heart. Too bad Ashley isn't looking for love.

Review
I'm not sure why, but romance stories that begin with a marriage of convenience have always been a favorite of mine. I enjoy reading romance novels for a few reasons: they tend to be very formulaic so they don't require very much mental focus and they always have a happy ending. The Wedding Hazard  was easy to read and I did enjoy it. However, it isn't the best example of a marriage of convenience romance that I have read. Typically there is some event/person/misunderstanding that comes between a couple and they are apart for a length of time yet this story lacked that. I am still not sure how I feel about that missing element. It's not a deal-breaker as far as a story goes, but it does leave me feeling as if something is missing. Another flaw is that the characters could be more developed and the relationship between Thor and Ashley barely scratches the surface. 
I gave this book: ★ 
(I would technically give it 1.5 stars)

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: