Saturday, August 16, 2014

Inn at Last Chance (Last Chance #7) by Hope Ramsay, A Review


Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million                    Book Depository

Book Description


Jenny Carpenter is the unrivaled pie-baking champion of Last Chance, South Carolina's annual Watermelon Festival and the town's unofficial spinster. With her dream of marriage and children on hold, she focuses on another dream, turning the local haunted house into a charming bed-and-breakfast. But her plans go off course when the home's former owner shows up on her doorstep on a dark and stormy night . . .

Mega-bestselling horror writer Gabriel Raintree is as mysterious and tortured as his heroes. His family's long-deserted mansion is just the inspiration he needs to finish his latest twisted tale, or so he thinks until he learns it's been sold. The new innkeeper proves to be as determined as she is kind, and soon Gabriel finds himself a paying guest in his own home. As Jenny and Gabe bring new passion to the old house, can she convince him to leave the ghosts of his past behind-and make Last Chance their first choice for a future together?

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher. Here is my honest review.



I finished this book in mid-July and forgot to write a review quickly for it which means some of the details are pretty fuzzy.  I did enjoy the book.  Jenny and Gabe were great characters and I enjoyed some of the supporting cast as well.  It's a romance book and a pretty standard one.  I liked it and will be looking into books in the rest of the series as I enjoyed Ramsay's writing.  I almost always enjoy a romance series set within a small community.

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: