Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Jasper John Dooley: NOT in Love by Caroline Adderson, A Review


Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million                    Book Depository

Book Description


Isabel loves Jasper, and it's making life complicated.  He just wants to play knights and dragons with Ori and Leon, but Isabel makes him play babies and tries to set up their wedding.  The only good thing about Isabel is the trampoline at her house.  But will the highs of their trampoline playdates be enough to cure Jasper's girl-itis?  Jasper John Dooley: NOT in Love is the third in a series of chapter books featuring a charismatic and funny central character.  An only child with active, loving parents (and a most impressive lint collection), Jasper John Dooley is a true original.

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher. Here is my honest review.



I read this aloud with my 7 year old and we both enjoyed it.  There were several times that he laughed out loud and I have to admit a chuckle escaped me once or twice as well.  The characters are pretty realistic and well developed.  I appreciated Jasper's parents care, yet taking a step back approach.  I'd probably be all over a situation like this if it happened in real life at our house.  The other books are on our radar to read as well. 

I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: