Friday, August 1, 2014

Safe by the Marshal's Side by Shirlee McCoy, A Review ★★★

Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection)

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million          Book Depository

Book Description
HER LIFE IS ON THE LINE 
For a year, U.S. marshal Hunter Davis has protected witness Annie Delacorte and her toddler daughter. But now, someone is determined to stop Annie from testifying against the men who killed her husband. To guard Annie, by-the-book Hunter will have to break a promise to himself: to not get emotionally involved. After all, he already cares more deeply than he ever imagined for the sweet family of two…a family he'll do anything to keep safe and sound by his side. 
Witness Protection: Hiding in plain sight
Review

This was a very sweet (and clean) romance thriller.  Hunter is a strong male lead without being the typical super-macho, ex-military type. Annie is...pretty weak....or maybe just weakly developed. She certainly has been through a lot in the past year but I wish she would have come across a little more strong. Despite that, I did enjoy the story.  It is a pleasant read but don't expect too much. 
Source: Purchased


I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: